Sichuan Peppercorns pack a punch with their spicy and citrus taste. They have been used by many years in Asia for cooking, but also for medical reasons. Sichuan pepper contains many different minerals, antioxidants and nutrients that the body requires to properly function.
They are used widely in Indian, Chinese and Thai cuisine and are one of the ingredients in Chinese Five Spice. The pepper is also closely related to citrus fruits, hence the spicy and citrus taste.
As well as being an important addition to Asian cooking for their taste, the peppercorns are also full of goodness.
- Contain high levels of iron which may help oxygenate your red blood cells
- Can assist with suppressing discomfort or pain
- High levels of zinc which may help boost the immune system
- Can help speed up the metabolism
- May have anti-inflammatory effects
- Can help prevent cramping, bloating, constipation and gastric ulcers
- May assist with lowering blood pressure and prevention of blood clots
- Can assist with vision and keep the retina healthy