Shiitake mushrooms are commonly used in east Asian cuisine and also, medicinally in some cultures. The Hua Gu (花菇) variety are usually grown on oak logs all year round. The 'medicinal mushroom' ranges in colour from tan to dark brown and it's spongy texture looks slightly cracked.
The Chinese have always regarded mushrooms as having special properties, Mushrooms are believed to nourish the body's spirit. The Shiitake mushroom was once only available by a wild harvest, but is now the second most commonly grown mushroom in the world.
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- Contain all 8 amino acids which are ideal for human nutrition
- Can assist with heart disease and sexually transmitted diseases
- May help lower blood pressure
- Can assist with fighting viral infections
- May help improve liver function
- Can assist with weight loss
- May support and treat poor blood circulation
- Can help cure weakness and prevent exhaustion